Our team deliver a range of programmes around progressive styles of teaching and learning. They also coordinate local networks and resource provision for various Early Childhood Educators and Te Kōhanga Reo.
This team are able to support parents, tamariki and early childhood teachers by:
- Maintaining an up-to-date Resource Library with resources for tamariki and teachers
- Professional Development for Early Childhood Educators
- Educating boys in Early Childhood Education
- Positive parenting strategies
- Strategies to enhance child social competence
- Te reo Māori for tamariki, whānau and teachers
- Music-based programmes e.g. waiata, rhythm sticks and guitar/ukulele
- Playgroup and Puna design and setup
- Supporting transitioning children from home to centre or centre to school
- Natural resource making in early childhood settings
- Whānau engagement strategies around quality ECE opportunities
Engaging Priority Families | Whānau
Kiaora, my name is Jenna Waipouri and I am the Engaging Priority Families / Whānau Coordinator at Far North REAP.
I am seeking to engage Parents / Caregivers of children aged 3-4, who are finding it difficult to access Early Childhood Education Centres for any reason. I can also awhi / help with transitionsing four years olds into school or kura.
My role is to awhi and assist parents / caregivers and whānau of children aged 3-4 who would like their children to attend an Early Childhood Centre. Parents / caregivers and whānau will be fully supported throughout their journey, from choosing the right facility to suit you and your child’s needs, through to your child’s first week’s at School or Kura as this can be a daunting process.
I can help in any way possible to make the transition easier for you, your whanau and most importantly, your child. Support will be continuous for up to 6 months as needed.
The geographical area for this initiative is Kaitaia, Awanui, Karepōnia Hill, Waipapakāuri through to Kaingaroa.
How can I access this service?
Contact Jenna Waipouri from Far North REAP directly on phone: (09) 408 1380 ext: 711 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org