Our team deliver a range of programmes around progressive styles of teaching and learning. They also coordinate local networks and resource provision for various Early Childhood Educators and Kōhanga Reo.
We provide support to early childhood students in training, parents, early childhood teachers and children in the following ways:
- Implementation of Ka Hikitia – Māori enjoying and achieving educational success as Māori. Support includes Te Reo Māori tuition, children’s waiata, kapa haka, outdoor games, stories, weaving, maramataka and the celebration of Matariki.
- Subsidised, quality, locally situated professional learning and development
- Mentoring and support for students completing an Early Childhood qualification
- Advice and guidance –
- for ECE/Kōhanga Reo and parenting options
- to create sustainable healthy nature based environments/ Taiao where children learn to love the environment, cultivate food and reduce and manage waste.
- Early intervention education awareness including autism, oral language, FASD, trauma in young children and the importance of before school health checks.
- Networking forum –
- between Health Services, Social Services, and Early Childhood Services/Kōhanga Reo
- for New Entrant/Kura and Early Childhood/Kōhanga Reo Kaiako to discuss seamless transitions for young children.
- Curriculum support and child centred learning including music, carpentry and art.
- Support for parent based rurally isolated Puna Reo and Playgroups.
👦🏼 👦🏾👦🏾 👧 👧🏽